The college teaches units at a number of locations. See the full list of locations for more information.
Information about Open Days is on our Open Day page. Visits to the College are welcome at any time.
New student intakes take place in February and July each year. Applications should be received as early as possible, and will not be accepted after the closing dates.
General Entry Requirements
All potential students are required to demonstrate their suitability for their desired course via an interview with a member of faculty and provide contact details for a referee.
How to apply
To apply register and then complete the online application form at apply.eastern.edu.au
The Application form asks the following:
- Personal Details
- Course Details
- Previous Study (High School and/or Tertiary)
- Government Requested Statistical Data (this section does not affect your admission)
- Referee Details
Each applicant will be interviewed by an Academic Staff Member in person, by phone or over the internet. Each application is reviewed by the Registrar and a Course Coordinator to ensure that the entry requirements for the chosen course have been met. Depending on how quickly confidential referee forms are completed by the referees this can take as little as a week or over a month. Upon acceptance into the course, the applicant will be notified via email and provided with enrolment information to select units to study in the upcoming semester. To change or withdraw from the offer you have received, you must respond to the acceptance and enrolment letter.
After enrolment, student progress is carefully monitored. Applicants should note that a limited number of units are available online. We recommend that you contact the College to discuss options if considering taking online units. If you have questions regarding a course we encourage you to discuss your study options with the College before applying for entry into a particular course. College staff are always pleased to assist individuals in this process.
- To accept your offer you are required to enrol in units. You will be emailed details and told to visit the Now You Have Been Accepted Web page.
- If you have completed previous studies relevant to your course you may wish to apply for transfer of credit or recognition of prior learning by completing the Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)/Transfer of Credit Application form.
- To defer your offer complete the deferral of offer form.
- Current fees can be found on the fees page.
- Textbooks can be found on the textbook list page.
Support services provided by the College are detailed on the student support page. In brief, the college provides:
- Career advice through a course advisor
- Learning assistance
- Limited computing facilities
- Student Representative Council
- Support for students with disabilities
The financial assistance available to students is as follows:
- Youth and student allowances are available for all undergraduate and graduate courses, the federal government is currently reviewing eligibility for student allowances to all Master level courses.
- Eastern College Australia is registered for FEE-HELP for all Higher Education courses and a limited number of Commonwealth Supported Places which use HECS-HELP for our Initial Teacher Education courses.
The table below gives an indication of the likely peer cohort for new students at the institution. It provides data on students that commenced undergraduate study and passed the census date in the most relevant recent intake period for which data are available, including those admitted through all offer rounds, across all Australian campuses, and international students studying in Australia.
Number of students
Percentage of all students
(A) Past higher education study
(includes a bridging or enabling course)
(B) Past vocational education and training (VET) study
(C) Recent Secondary Education
Admitted solely on the basis of ATAR (regardless of whether this includes the impact of adjustment factors such as equity or adjustment points)
Admitted where both ATAR and additional criteria were considered (e.g. portfolio, audition, extra test, early offer conditional on minimum ATAR)
Admitted on the basis of other criteria only and ATAR was not a factor (e.g. special consideration, audition alone, schools recommendation scheme with no minimum ATAR requirement)
(D) Work or Life Experience
(Admitted on the basis of previous achievement other than the above)
- “< 5” – Low numbers: the number of students is less than 5.
- N/A – Students not accepted in this category.
- N/P – Not published: the number is hidden to prevent calculation of numbers in cells with less than 5 students.
Where to get further information
- Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA) – Eastern College Australia on the National Register.
- Quality Indicators for Learning and Teaching (QILT) Website – Eastern College Australia on the QILT Website.
- Information on Appeals and Grievances – The College’s Complaints And Grievances Policy.
Get in Touch
You can apply directly to the College via our online application form Below.