This unit introduces experienced practitioners to a range of the leading Western schools of thought regarding current leadership theory. The unit seeks to supply candidates with several frames of reference which can be then used to interpret typical leadership roles and predicaments.
In this unit the following issues will be addressed:
* Historical schools of thought on leadership and leading, basic concepts revisited
* The power frame: The nature of organisational politics power sources in leadership
* The intuitional frame: situational leadership and diagnosis
* The philosophical frame: servant leadership
* The physiological frame: emotional intelligence
* The psychodynamic frame: charisma and transformational leadership
* The postmodern frame: deconstructing leadership discourse and vested interests
* Effective team life and interpersonal dynamics
* Structuring organisations
* Ethics and governance models
* Spiritual discernment decision making
* Spirituality in the workplace and enhancing the human spirit
* Succession and the generation of oncoming leaders.