The purpose of Language Program Management (LPM) is to equip students with basic knowledge and skills in planning, managing and evaluating progress in the achievement of goals in a language development project, including Bible translation. LPM provides a framework for the development and deployment of relevant language program skills such as linguistics, translation, cross-cultural training and communication, and Scripture engagement.
The unit aims to prepare students to be effective in their roles as managers and partnership facilitators within community language development programs which focus on Bible translation, multilingual education and other church and community based language development outcomes.
• Introduction to Language Development
• Language sustainability and approaches to sustainable language development
• Project planning and design
• Introduction to budgeting and financial management
• Introduction to people management
• Participatory approaches
• Cross-cultural teamwork
• Cross-cultural partnerships