This unit is designed to supply candidates with a range of interpretive grids to assist in discerning and responding to the systemic, semi-conscious or irrational aspects of organisational life and change that can detract or assist in the fulfillment of organisational purposes, specific to educational contexts. The unit will integrate a Christian perspective and theological understanding of living in community as relevant to educational contexts.
Topics developed would include:
* An introduction to general systems thinking and organisational time-lines
* Organisational culture, the concept and diagnostics,
* Family systems theory; differentiation and fusion as systemic reality,
* Professional Learning Communities,
* Conflict levels and anxiety management,
* Psycho-dynamics and organizational neuroses,
* Charisma, narcissism and ethical leadership,
* Polarity Theory.
This unit is delivered as a split intensive. The class will meet for two intensives, one per school term with the ability to communicate to your peers and lecturer electronically in-between. All learning will happen through your readings and in a face-to-face setting.