FAQs for the Resource Centre
When is the Library open?
You can view opening hours on the Resource Centre Home page near the top.
How do I find books in the library?
- Eastern College Australia and Melbourne School of Theology use the Destiny catalogue.
- For instructions with images to Using Destiny.
- Contents includes: Basic search: Power search; Additional search options; Destiny Quest; Visual EBL books search; Glossary of Library Terms; Classifications of call numbers: Dewey, Library of Congress (Chinese Collection) and Pettee in the Resource Centre Handbook.
How do I find books from the library online?
How to get to the Destiny Library catalogue online see Accessing the Resource Centre and Library in the Resource Centre Handbook.
How many books can I borrow and how long?
As a guide:
- Undergraduate students can borrow 8 items for a maximum period of 3 weeks.
- Postgraduate students can borrow 12 items for a maximum period of 4 weeks.
- Doctoral students can borrow 16 items for a maximum period of 8 weeks.
- If you have your loans mailed to you, we add extra time to your loan to cover delivery.
Can I re-borrow or extend a loan in person or electronically?
We have a policy that items cannot be re-borrowed or extended beyond the maximum period. A student can return the book and come back 24 hours later, then borrow the book again. This policy is to ensure that every student has equitable access to material needed for their work.
Will I be fined for late returns?
- No monetary penalties will be imposed, however you will not be able to borrow while you have items overdue.
- Allowances are made for medical reasons as long as the student can provide suitable proof such as a medical certificate.
- You can mail the items back at your expense
Can I reserve an item or place an item on hold?
Yes by contacting the library staff. We have a first in first served policy to keep the books available for everyone.
Can I view my library loans online?
Yes, after you have setup a Destiny account with the library staff.
You may scan articles and chapters from books directly to your email address. Please keep in mind that copyright laws apply strict limits on how much you may scan.
If a book isn’t available in the library can I request it?
Borrowing from other libraries may be possible, the minimum cost is $28.50.
Contact the library for more information
How do I access e-book?
Instructions on how to access electronic e-books are in the Resource Centre Handbook.
How do I access electronic resources?
A comprehensive list of resources and how to access electronic resources can be found in the Resource Centre Handbook.
Resource Centre Handbook
- The Resource Centre Handbook has all kinds of help; instructions with pictures and useful ideas. View its contents and click on the subject that interests you.
My question isn't here
Please contact the Resource Centre in opening hours and we will endeavour to answer your question.
Phone: 03 9790 9213